Thursday, September 26, 2013

FFF #37 The Peace Keeper

In a 100 words no more or less, here is my 37th Flash Fiction Friday. Look to this link to read other great Flasher Fiction posts from great writers. Flasher Fiction Friday


Enjoy!! 

The Peace Keeper

Risa peaks over her right knee as she sits on the cold smooth floor. A portrait rests on the floor by her foot. She stares at the door waiting...for someone to come get her. Risa nervously pulls her right leg close to her chest. She gazes over at the portrait.

Is the man in the portrait to be my Master/Owner…my Lord?

She knew that being sold to her family’s rival, Lord Byron would mean peace for her family, and safety. Saddened, she would never be able to see her family...again.

Risa cries knowing her future is now set in stone. 

7 comments:

J.P. Stevens said...

Oh my goodness how sad. I felt her pain. Great flash. xx

Cherry Darling said...

This piece tugged at my heart.

S. J. Maylee said...

It tugged at my heart too. What uncertainty. Well done.

Muffy Wilson said...

Lovely interpretation of this photo. The unknown can be terrifying, especially if it is meant to be in submission, involuntarily. You have painted her fear with your words beautifully:) xo

Julez S Morbius said...

Excellent flash, Aurora brilliantly written

Doris O'connor said...

Oh, this was brilliant. I so felt for her.

Pablo Michaels said...

This is sad for her, but who will be her new master? You struck my curiosity. Liked the historical setting.