Friday, February 21, 2014

FFF #49: The Forest Maiden

In a 100 words no more or less, here is my 49th Flasher Fiction Friday. Look to this link to read other great Flasher Fiction posts from great writers. Flasher Fiction Friday

Enjoy!! 



The Forest Maiden

Lila kneels down before him, her king of the forest. She clings to him as he leans down taking the back of her head in his hands, and places a soft kiss upon her forehead. Lila closes her eyes as the forest begins to awake. Vines appear on her face as her hair grows longer, her clothes shift colors to look like the leaves.

“Please do not leave me…again.”

“I must…but I will return. You must rest for dawn approaches. I will wake you with a kiss when I return.”

“But…I need you m’lord.”

“Shhh…guard the forest…my beautiful fairy maiden.”

7 comments:

Dariel Raye said...

You've painted the picture beautifully. I don't want him to leave her, either.

Naomi said...

Beautiful. I hope he returns soon :)

Julez S Morbius said...

Very beautifully written flash

Doris O'connor said...

So beautiful :-)

Fierce Dolan said...

That's lovely!

Muffy Wilson said...

AuroraRose, that was a beautiful flash, so pleading and poignant, heartfelt and hopeful at the same time. I just loved this. xo

S.J. Maylee said...

Awaken her with a kiss, aw!! So beautiful.