Friday, September 26, 2014

FFF# 78 Cowboy Dreams

In a 100 words no more or less, here is my 78th Flasher Fiction Friday. Look to this link to read other great Flasher Fiction posts from great writers. Flasher Fiction Friday

Enjoy!! 


Cowboy Dreams


Josh stands against the wall of his apartment. Money is tight, heart is heavy, thoughts race through his mind. How is he going to make it, and become a famous bull rider? He knew this wouldn’t be easy. Yet Josh has always wanted to be a famous bull rider, and left home to fulfill his dream. His biggest ride was tomorrow, the one that could make him or break him. He only hopes the rods/pins in his back hold up, as he will be riding the bull known as the…Devil. No rider has ever finished, or been able to ride…again.

6 comments:

Muffy Wilson said...

Ohhhhh, I loved the ending, so foreboding! My stepson always wanted to be a cowboy and moved to Colorado to do it. He's an idiot. What do these guys really think? Who will take care of them when they will never be able to ride again? I will never get that kind of rational - but you nailed it. Loved it!

Angelica Dawson said...

Sounds like he is in for ride of his life. I admire him chasing his dream

Dariel Raye said...

Another great take on the pic, Andromeda. Got me in suspense!

Julez S Morbius said...

Great flash. Everyone should follow their dream

Doris O'connor said...

Oh my, you make me fear for his safety. Great flash.

Naomi said...

He's in for a tough ride. Hope he succeeds