Friday, November 7, 2014

FFF# 83 Going Home

In a 100 words no more or less, here is my 83rd Flasher Fiction Friday. Look to this link to read other great Flasher Fiction posts from great writers. Flasher Fiction Friday

Enjoy!! 


Going Home

Together they float along the calm waters. A pillow of sea foam comforts him as she rests her head on his chest. Aria gazes up at her lover. Jasper knows that look. He hated to have to do this to her.

“I don’t want to return.”

“I know, but you have too.”

“I left to escape this path. Why did you have to find me?”

“I was given orders to bring you home.”

“Don’t forget, he has allowed me to leave my human life to be with you in the sea forever.”

“Why did Poseidon have to be my father?”

7 comments:

Muffy Wilson said...

What a great take on this photo!! Wonderfully written and beautifully created flash. Loved it!

Michaela Rhua said...

Love the link to mythology! I like that she doesn't want to go back but has to face her father anyway. Wonder why?

Naomi said...

I love this with it's mythological link. Poseidon must have been very strict. Great flash

Dariel Raye said...

Great flash! I wondered if anyone would do the mermaid theme and you did it beautifully :-)

Julez S Morbius said...

Fantastic flash really well written and something totally unexpected

Angelica Dawson said...

What a great twist! I love the mythology angle. Perfect for the picture.

Doris O'connor said...

Ah, a great take on this pic :-)