Friday, March 27, 2015

FFF# 98 The Last Dance

In a 100 words no more or less, here is my 98th Flasher Fiction Friday. Look to this link to read other great Flasher Fiction posts from great writers. Flasher Fiction Friday

Enjoy!! 

The Last Dance

The couple passes each other on the sidewalk. They lean on their canes for support as they go on about their day. Jared stops, and turns to look at the aging woman walking. He smiles and turns to catch up to her as best he can. She looks familiar from her bouncing step.

“Mary?” He calls out.

She slowly turns around.

“Jared?” Mary looks and notices it’s her old dance partner.

They smile and stand quiet for a long moment.  Jared then reaches out his hand. Mary quickly takes the offer.

“One last dance?”

“More like…a new beginning.” Mary grins.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

I do so hope it's a new beginning for them. It seems Jared and Mary have something very special going on. Great flasher Aurora

Muffy Wilson said...

I found this very moving and heartwarming. Somehow, as one ages, we feel as tho our lives are ending, if not already over and we are just biding our time. This was particularly sweet for me. The underlying message is timeless: it is never too late. I love this flash, Aurora. It spoke to me at a depth I will not soon forget.